17 October 2012

finally, Fall came...

...and I thought I'd include you in on my latest project.

step oNe -- The prep for this project was almost complete. It's important to know your client that you might choose your materials accordingly. A myriad of supplies, paper in various warm fall colors, a pleasant view, "hoppy" music, and coffee... now I'm ready to go!




step twO -- Now comes an important part...matching embellishments with paper and adding layers of texture. Although this is a set of cards, you must make each card special. No two are alike. Be prepared to spend a large amount of time here for a veRy happy client.




step tHree -- This particular order involved writing inserts and addressing envelopes (many of them, lol). Here's a tip from a girl who knows better:  the fine tip Sharpie pen is the tool to use when writing. You'll never go back once you've used one. 

step foUr -- One of my favorite parts of the process is packaging. I believe it's the joy I get from putting my stamp of approval on what I believe is a job well done.  Once the sets are neatly organized and banded together with natural papers (which I special order), the package is ready to be delivered and I can now shout "Onto the next!"


1 comment:

  1. Very nice post! And oh, I LOVE the bands! So nice! :)

    I'm sure your customer was extremely pleased with your lovely work.

    Alesha

    ReplyDelete